1. Purpose of this Notice
This Notice tells you how the Resource Recovery from Waste programme will collect and use your personal data when you access this website.
2. Changes to this Notice
We keep the information provided in this Notice under review. This Notice may be updated from time to time. If we make any substantial updates, we will draw these to your attention.
We will not use your personal data in any manner that is incompatible with the purpose for which the data were collected originally, unless we have obtained your consent to that additional use.
3. Anything you are not clear about
If there is anything you are unclear about, please contact Juliet Jopson, who shall be happy to answer any queries you may have concerning this Notice or the way in which we process your personal data.
4. Purpose of processing requested data
Where we request personal data from you on our webpages you will be informed at that time of the purpose for which the data will be processed and how it will be processed, its legal basis for processing as well as any transfers to third parties.
5. Automated collection of personal information
This website is hosted on WordPress.com. As with most other web servers, when you access these web pages certain information you provide will automatically be recorded. This may include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. For a details of the information that WordPress.com collects and may store, including an explanation of personalized advertisements, please click on the following link to its Privacy and Cookie policies. The RRfW website uses the Jetpack plugin.
The WordPress.com provides Resource Recovery from Waste programme with access to website stats based on the data collected. We use this processed data to monitor usage of the website in order to improve our communications: anonymous usage data may be shared further, such as with our funders.
6. Your rights as a data subject
Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data where that is the legal basis for such processing
- access any of your personal data which we hold
- have your personal data which we hold corrected if it is inaccurate
- have any of your personal data which we hold erased
- restrict the ways in which we process your personal data
- object to our processing of your personal data
- receive a copy of any of your personal data which we hold in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format
- in certain cases not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making
lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
7. Queries and complaints
If you have any queries or concerns relating to this privacy notice or the way your data is being processed through this website then please email Juliet Jopson or post to Juliet Jopson, School of Civil Engineering, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK. The University’s main telephone number is +44 (0) 113 2431751.